Sunday, July 7, 2013

On the spot cooking: Forgetful Burritos (Nachos)

Oops.
For dinner tonight, I cooked up some delicious burritos, but when it was time to put it all together, I realized that I had forgotten to buy any tortillas, hence the nachos! Disaster averted thanks to a spare bag of tortilla chips. My uncle was here to try it with us. He actually speaks very little, usually not at all, and never really  makes eye contact due to a mental illness. He loves good food though, and he had already finished his before I had come back after putting my own bowl together, so I think he liked it! Here's what I put together:

Makes 4 bowls.

1 lb lean ground Turkey
1 small can of refried beans
1 small can of sliced olives
1 8oz bag of shredded cheddar
1 5.5oz bag of Food Should Taste Good brand Olive flavor tortilla chips
1 10oz tub of Wholly Salsa brand guacamole & spicy pico dip



Simply:
Brown the meat.
Heat the beans.
Spread some beans into the bottom of a microwave-safe bowl.
Add a thick layer of cooked meat.
Insert a dozen or so chips vertically into the mixture so that they stand on end around the edge of half of the bowl.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the chips.
Add the sliced olives.
Microwave for 60 seconds to melt the cheese.
Add some dollops of the guacamole & pico dip.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment